NOUN Admission Application Form 2022/2023
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is now selling admission forms into its Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduates and postgraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session. Follow the procedure outlined below to apply for NOUN Admission.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduates, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters Degree and Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes.
NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support facilities are available at all our Study Centers nationwide.
See: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC
NOUN Admission Requirements for All Programmes.
Before you proceed, check: List Of Courses Offered by NOUN.
1. Certificate Programmes
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- No previous experience or qualification is necessary.
- Ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
2. Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
3. Undergraduate Programmes.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificate with a minimum of five (5)merit passes or in combination with any equivalent qualification to obtain five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes. Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must have five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and at least a Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ level only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences require that one of the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme.
- For School of Business and Human Resources Management, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics.
- For School of Education, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics for Science Education; and English Language for all Humanities.
- For School of Science and Technology, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- ND from recognised institutions.
- NCE in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study; Early Childhood and Primary Education Programme requires a minimum of one (1) Merit and two (2) passes at NCE.
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects obtained from International Baccalaureate or IJMB and the pre-requisite number of ‘O’ level credit passes. Candidates for entry into the School of Law must have a minimum of second class (lower) degree from any recognized university with at least five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and a pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme (s).
- ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, ‘O’ level pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have ‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English.
- Holders of First Degree, HND or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
4. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
- candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
5. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
6. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
How to Apply for NOUN Admission.
The entire process is electronic and online for 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- Visit the site www.nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment
- Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Goto “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory.
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.
Pay as follow for NOUN online application forms:
- Undergraduate Programmes N5, 000.00 (five thousand naira only)
- Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) Programmes N7, 500.00 (Seven thousand five hundred naira only).
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only).
86 Replies to “NOUN Admission Application Form 2022/2023”
It’s application still ongoing?
Pls is the admission for 2020/2021 still on
Where can I buy admission form
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES TO PRINT ADMISSION LE
TTER.I HAVE FILL AND SUBMITTED THE FORM BUT THE ADMISSION LETTER IS NOT COMING UP
Is the form still out for sale?
When is the entrance for 2020 starting for freshers
Pls is the form for 2020/2021 out?
I need it for part time programmes
When is the closing date for the application for 2020/2021
When is the closing date for the 2020/2021 application?
I will want to know if pgd form is on sell and if can do pgd in sociology.
Please is the form still on sale now?
Pls is the available nw
Pls is the available nw
is the noun start sales of form for 2020/2021?
is the form still on
Pls i want to know too, and when is it ending?
Noun the form for 2020/2021 and closing date
Please when will the admission be out for 2020/2021
Please is form for 2020/2021 out ?
i am so interested to join noun this time,what are my going to do?
i also have science result & i want to apply for agriculture extension management can that be possible ? i mean chemistry, biology agriculture, animal husbandry physic
Pls is the form out now? I was told to come by January.
January 9 2029
Has sells of 2020/2021 application form started?
When is the closing date for 2020/2021 Admission form pls
i cant access the online form or is not yet out?
Am interested in the form please is it out yet?
This is wonderful, please i need to know when admission form is on sale for noun. God bless you noun.
Hello and Good day please i want to register online but the nounonline.net isn’t loading. Has registration closed or ?
when is the 2020/2021 form going to be out and when is it closing
good morning all, please i want to know the date for our resumption in 2020 thanks
Hello Florence, please how did you apply for admission. I’m trying the website and it’s bit working
Can somebody respond please,
Is the Application for Admission still on going ?
When is the form going to be available
please how can i access the admission form
When is 2020/2021 form going to b out?
Is the application form for 2020/2021 admission still on ?
Hi. please is the form still on sale? because i cant access the online portal
When will 2020/2021 admission form will be on sale
Notify me please
Good day. Please I want to pick noun form for 2020/2021 session.
when we form for 2020 out
nd where we i get it
The link to fill the application form is non responsive:
The website admin should resolve this issue.
thanks, we would do that
I want to know that is 2020form is out and when it close date
Gd evening, am trying to access the website so that I can obtain d form but it is not loading
Please, how do I get started with PDG/Master admission online? Your websites is responding with cloudware error, kindly fix the issue.
WHEN WHEN WHEN PLEASE
Pls has registration started. I can’t access the portal
the link isn’t just going
Pls tell me when i can get the form and the closing date..
I have HND upper credits in Mass communication from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, can I apply for Masters degree in the faculty of Mass communication in noun without PGD
I was told ijmb is not accepted at a center in V. I. Plz I need clarification
please when will masters application form be out….
I want to apply for the admission, I have paid.
Please any update on 2020/2021 admission application forms? Thank you
pls is the form still out
pls is the form still out
Pls I want to if d Noun2020 form is out and also d closing date.. Thanks
Please how do I resolve this problem, wherever I input my Unique ID number to proceed on payment,it will show wrong ID,is anybody with similar challenges to help out.
*2020 ACADEMIC CALENDAR*
*? Senate meeting ——- 11th January,2020*
? Registration of Courses/Examination BEGINS ——- 17th February, 2020
? Registration of Courses/Examination ENDS ——- 11th March, 2020
? Facilitation commences —25th February, 2020
*Orientation & Matriculation*
? Orientation ——- 21st March,2020
? Matriculation —— 22nd March,2020
*? Senate Meeting —— 10th March 2020*
? Convocation 1 week. —– 24th -28th March 2020.
*Facilitation and TMA Timeline*
? Facilitation commence — 25th February, 2020
? TMA 1 ——— 9th March 2020
? TMA 2 ——— 30th March 2020
? TMA 3 ———- 20th April 2020
*Facilitation and TMA ends 6th, May 2020*
?Pen on Paper Examination begins 3rd June, 2020.
?Pen on Paper ends 24th June, 2020.
? E-examination begins 1st July, 2020
? E-examination ends 22nd July, 2020
? IT/SIWES Supervision and Defence 4th of May, 2020 – 3rd June, 2020.
*Zonal Project Defence and Moderation*
? 11th May, 2020 —- 22nd May, 2020.
Is 2020/ 2021 form out and also the closing date
When would the newly introduced PHD courses be available? we are waiting eagerly
AFTER FILLING THE FORM ,I CLD NOT SUBMIT,I HAVE BEEN TRY IT FOR TWO DAYS NOW,PLS I NEED HELP
Good day sir/ ma
is third class honour degree allowed for PGD, From National Open University of Nigeria
Please when is the registration form coming out and when is the closing date
It there any WhatsApp group for noun student or any one to out a call through to answer necessary questions
How can I register
I want to know if the form is out, and when is the closing time for the form
Can you study business admin with D on economic?
Also is application form for 2020/2021 out?
Can you people please do something about the site? I’ve been trying to fill the form since yesterday but the site keep denying my IP address..
Is the admission form still available and when is the closing date, thanks.
How long does it take for the admission letter to be ready?
Pls is admission still open for undergraduate program?
Please is the Application still going on
When the form will be close for this year?
I need to know requirements for masters in library and information science
How lectures go’s on
Can i know when exactly the form wil be out and when it will close?
I want to buy the pgd form. Is it out
Please is the Sales of Form still available and will it close?
Hello sir!!can I get admission post graduate deploma in public health with
HND environmental biology upper credit
Is admission form is on for 2020)2021
Please when is the form for 2020/2021 coming out .